What we’re all about
If you’re interested in a career in financial services, LUUTIS can give you the start you need to understand markets and how they work through our real investment fund and virtual fund competition. We organise workshops, industry visits and host networking sessions and guest speakers to get you ready for life in financial services. You don’t need an Economics, Finance, or Business background, you just need an interest in the financial industry.
Introduction to LUUTIS
Throughout the year we host a wide range of events, including both student and company led. These include:
- Our Investment Banking and Asset/Wealth Management Roundtables
- Our Financial Services talks
- Industry Leading Company Events
- Private Equity Challenge
Virtual Fund Competition
The Virtual Fund is at the heart of LUUTIS. Our annual fund competition focuses on educating our members about valuation and investment strategy, giving them the opportunity to analyse trades and make their own pitches. Meetings with their respective sectors and fund managers are held on a bi-weekly basis, which ensures students receive the support they require.
- Mock Trading Floor experience in London
- Bloomberg Workshops
- Introductory DCF Valuation (Discounted Cash Flow)
- CV & Cover Letter Workshops
- Mock Assessment Centres
Every week you will be able to attend fund or sector meetings where you will pitch trading ideas to debate with the rest of your team. In addition to fund meetings, we provide you with the tools to improve your CV by organising workshops, networking events, office visits and bringing in guest speakers.
At LUUTIS, we provide many enjoyable socials for our members. We organise club nights out, frequent house parties and events for the non-drinkers too. This year we will be looking to follow last year's success with another Trip Abroad (last year we went to Barcelona), and partaking in a Sailing Weekend with top city professionals.
- Standard membership (One year) £7 – Access to all society events
- Lifetime membership £17 – This represents savings of £4 over buying it yearly. It also saves you the hassle of having to sign up every year again.
- Lifetime Premium membership (two items) £25 – Premium membership gives you lots of benefits in addition to being a member of our amazing society for the duration of your studies. You get priority access to all sell out events such as conference trips, trips to the trading floor, Bloomberg workshops etc. Additionally, you get two free items from the society, such as a t-shirt, tie, scarf or two of our City Career Series handbooks.
If you are interested in reading our society constitution, you can access it using the following link:
After having purchased membership, please request to join our members group on Facebook, providing your Transaction ID and Student ID. You can find the group using the following link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1914528878848723/