Your Student Executive for 2018/19 as voted for by over 7,600 students can now be announced.
Union Affairs 2018/19 Chris Morris
Chris won with a votes total of 2,656.
2nd - Illeyas Mogeh
3rd - Kane Emerson
4th - Rachael Parker
5th - Eyong Ebot-Arrey
6th - Alisha Lakshani
Chris pledged to:
- Provide better mental health services
- Ensure your new spaces are used in the best way
- Deliver better value for money
Equality & Diversity Officer 2018/19 - Tamsin Scott
Tamsin won with a votes total of 2,340.
2nd - Aysha Burton
3rd - Akshita Joshi
4th - Gellar Day
5th - Osman Deen
6th - Charley Strachan
Tamsin pledged to:
- Increase links with sexual health clinics
- Raise awareness of LGBTQ+ issues
- Raise discussions of sex and gender with the University
Activities Officer 2018/19 - Lauren Huxley
Lauren won with a votes total of 2,107.
2nd - Kate Hill
3rd - Frances Dee
4th - Edward Boateng
5th - Ali Sibtain
6th - Zac Walker
7th - Arshdeep Chawla
8th - Amber Padfield
Lauren pledged to:
- Make sure students know their reps
- Create platforms for societies to work with the community
- Reward voluntary Union staff
Welfare Officer 2018/19 - Matt Port
Matt won with a votes total of 1,870.
2nd - Chloe Sparks
3rd - Sam Andersen
4th - Charlie Collett
5th - Anna Doherty
6th - Pooja Balaji
7th - Joe Mason
8th - Sana Hussain
Matt pledged to:
- Encourage safer student drug use
- Improve mental health support
- Tackle stigma around periods
Community Officer 2018/19 - Tom Oladipo
Tom won with a votes total of 2,906.
2nd - Kathryn Irish
3rd - Laura Redsell
Tom pledged to:
- Simplify plastic recycling
- More practical cooking classes and workshops
- Introduce a food, accessories and clothes exchange program
Education Officer 2018/19 - Serene Esuruoso
Serene won with a votes total of 2,479.
2nd - Fungai Karigambe
3rd - Ben Sanbrook-Davies
4th - Mohamed Jemba
Serene pledged to:
- Improve timetabling and module choices
- Improve exam resources to include minimum past papers
- Integrate joint honours students into both their schools
Gryphon Editor 2018/19 - Robbie Cairns
Robbie won with a votes total of 2,694.
2nd - Juliette Rowsell
3rd - Nancy Gillen
Robbie pledged to:
- Engage more with societies
- Give the paper a design facelift
- Provide more investigative journalism
Following an appeal the result of the Union Affairs category had to be postponed. A randomly selected student panel, in accordance with LUU's Bye-Laws, was formed and presented with all the information. The panel chose to uphold the Returning Officer’s decision by 10 votes to 3 and we are now able to announce the Union Affairs result.
Chris is the Union Affairs Officer as voted for by 2,656 students. Chris said:
“I'm overwhelmed by the results and I would love to thank everyone who supported me and the Leadership Race. I'm looking forward to being your Union Affairs Officer and working with Tamsin, Matt, Serene, Tom and Lauren to be your Student Exec 18/19. I hope I can bring improved health services, make your money go further and ensure your Union is working for you. I'm really looking forward to the year ahead.”
Your Student Exec 2018/19 will be in place from 1 July 2018.